Paul Stemman

Deaf Info

Home > Services > Specialist care

Specialist Care


There are a few specialist services in England that are designed for Deaf people experiencing mental distress. There are the health services, mainly provided by the NHS. And there are supported living schemes that are normally provided by the voluntary sector.


Normally, a person is admitted to one of these specialist hospitals if they are very unwell.


People in supported living schemes are normally unwell, but not ill enough to go to hospital. Often the residents will have already been to one of the special hospitals in the past.